I have experience editing nonfiction, fiction, and poetry for self-published authors, publishers, and literary magazines. Here are some of the projects I’ve worked on recently.
Short Fiction and Essays
- I provided a developmental edit for the essay “Inexpressability” by Karin Hedetniemi, published in Prairie Fire Spring 2021, Volume 42, No. 1.
- I provided a developmental edit and copy edit for the speculative short story “Beautiful But Breakable” by Ryan Byrnes, published in Pembroke Magazine in January 2021.
As publisher and editor in chief of Capsule Stories, a print literary magazine, I have read submissions, edited stories and poems, proofread, and designed the layout for the magazine since 2019.
Potpourri 2017, Potpourri 2016, and Potpourri 2015
I edited our campus creative writing journal, Potpourri, which is published by Concordia University, Nebraska’s chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, for three years.
The Sigma Tau Delta Rectangle and The Sigma Tau Delta Review 2017
Forthcoming Book Projects
- I completed a developmental edit on a historical fiction manuscript in spring 2021.
- I completed a developmental edit and line edit for a poetry collection in spring 2021.
- I completed a developmental edit and copyedit for a poetry collection in fall 2020.
- I copyedited a mystery/thriller novel in summer 2020.
- I line edited a hybrid poetry/prose chapbook in fall 2020.
- I completed a developmental edit on a historical fiction manuscript in summer 2020.
- I completed a developmental edit on a historical fiction manuscript in spring 2019.
- I copyedited the first 50 pages of a science fiction manuscript for querying author.
- I am a special project proofreader for the Luna Station Quarterly anthology.
Forthcoming Short Story and Essay Editorial Projects
- I line edited and proofread a speculative fiction/horror short story in summer 2020.
- I provided a developmental edit for a short story in summer 2020.
Print Book Design
I have worked on a handful of print book design layouts, including a self-published nonfiction book, literary magazines, and poetry. Check out my portfolio here.
Let’s Work Together
Reach out with details about your book manuscript, and we’ll talk about the best way to polish your manuscript for self-publication or querying.