I have experience editing nonfiction, fiction, and poetry for self-published authors, publishers, and literary magazines. Here are some of the projects I’ve worked on recently.
As publisher and editor in chief of Capsule Stories, a print literary magazine, I have read submissions, edited stories and poems, proofread, and designed the layout for the magazine since 2019.
Potpourri 2017, Potpourri 2016, and Potpourri 2015
I edited our campus creative writing journal, Potpourri, which is published by Concordia University, Nebraska’s chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, for three years.
The Sigma Tau Delta Rectangle and The Sigma Tau Delta Review 2017
Forthcoming Book Projects
- I am currently providing a developmental edit and copyedit for a poetry collection.
- I am currently copyediting a mystery/thriller novel.
- I completed a 50,000-word developmental edit for historical fiction manuscript in summer 2020.
- I completed a developmental edit on a historical fiction manuscript in spring 2019.
- I copyedited the first 50 pages of a science fiction manuscript for an author querying their novel to agents.
- I am a special project proofreader for the Luna Station Quarterly anthology.
Forthcoming Short Story and Essay Editorial Projects
- I provided a developmental edit and copy edit for a speculative short story, “Beautiful But Breakable” by Ryan Byrnes, forthcoming in Pembroke Magazine.
- I line edited and proofread a speculative fiction/horror short story in summer 2020.
- I provided a developmental edit for a short story in summer 2020.
- I provided a developmental edit for an essay exploring travel and the writer’s relationship with their father.
Print Book Design
I have worked on a handful of print book design layouts, including a self-published nonfiction book, literary magazines, and poetry. Check out my portfolio here.
Let’s Work Together
Reach out with details about your book manuscript, and we’ll talk about the best way to polish your manuscript for self-publication or querying.